The Best locations to watch the Convoy, and public safety information
CONVOY VANTAGE POINTS
The trucks and motorbikes love seeing the roadside support of the community as they head down Mount Ousley to Albion Park. The motorbikes in the convoy will leave Appin Rd at approximately 8am followed by the trucks at 8.15am. It’s estimated that the bikes will begin to arrive at the Illawarra Regional Airport from around 9am and the trucks at approximately 9.30am – 10am.
The best vantage points to watch the convoy from are:
Any of the overpasses on the F6 to Master’s Rd
The top of Mt Ousley
Master’s Rd, Coniston
King St, Warrawong
Windang Rd, Windang
The corner of Shellharbour Rd & Lake Entrance Rd, Warilla
Shellharbour Rd, Shellharbour
Lake Entrance Rd and New Lake Entrance Rd, Shellharbour
Princes Highway Albion Park Rail, between Bunnings and Wollybutt Rd, plenty of trees and shade!!
Princes Highway in front of Albion Oval
Illawarra Regional Airport
We love seeing the community support on the route of Convoy, but there are a few VERY IMPORTANT saftey messages we would like to share with you.
1. Please stay off the roads.
2. Do not high five motorbikes or trucks, this is very dangerous and illegal.
3. Please abide by all Police and Traffic Controller instructions.
4. When trucks and bikes are rolling in please be mindful when crossing the road as normal road rules apply.
5. Watch your kids!
6. Due to the dry weather, be weary of any fire hazards and dispose of cigarette butts thoughtfully.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility, so please look out for others and thanks for your cooperation!!!